Just Easy Running

 I took this week off from doing mostly anything.  I did ride a stationary bike one morning and I did run on Friday morning because I woke up early but otherwise it was nothing. 

Today, a week after my race, I did go out and do some easy running.  I suppose you might call it shuffling!  I think for the next 6 weeks or so 90%+ of my running will be easy as I work towards running 5 days a week.  One day I intend on doing some more speed work but since I don't have anything on my schedule I don't need to do anything serious.  If I get to bored I'll add in a second day.  One day will be short harder stuff and the 2nd day will be more tempo type of work. But for now I just want to be consistent with running 5 days a week!

I don't know why but running 5 days a week just seems horrible but I also know if I want to run some of my longer races I need to start getting faster and running for longer.  So 5 days a week it is.  But that's it.  I don't intend on running 6 days a week.  I'm a firm believer in the body needing rest.  

I also ordered a treadmill that should be here next week.  I'm looking forward to that.  Mainly because it is dark in the morning when I run and that cause's some depression, I think, and I'll be able to run on it instead of going outside.  I could run from work, and I do intend on doing that, but I want it to be a bit cooler.  Yup...I'm a fair weather runner you could say!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy running done!

Treadmill Season

Week 12 - Critical Power test in the books!