Offseason 2024 - Week 1

 Monday - Easy run on the treadmill.  Wanted to do strides at the end but my hip was bugging me so I just did 1 and shut it down. 

Tuesday - Nothing.  Was dead tired on Monday night so skipped Tuesday. 

Wednesday - Workout.  Wasn't sure if the hip would hold up but it did.  Not really sure why but it felt fine.  Ended up doing 1 minute fast, 1 minute recover 6 times.  Paces were from 8:40 to 7:46.  They felt appropriate.  I didn't really look at my watch and just did them as I thought a 5K - 10K would feel!

Thursday - Uphill treadmill walking for 20 minutes and some various weights/bodyweight stuff for another 20 minutes.  

Friday - Easy run on the treadmill with some strides. 

Saturday - Long run.  76 minutes total with some steady time at the end to finish.  

I'm a bit late posting this so I know some things that I wouldn't have normally posted if I'd posted this when I wanted to! Right now it doesn't appear that I'm going to get in a second walking/weight session.  I'll try and do something on Sunday but I'm not going to push it.  I'm just going to try and be consistent with training right now. When I get an event on the calendar and I know a bit more about what I need to do I'll do that.  Or maybe every couple of weeks I'll add in a second one but for now it's just not happening.  I'm super tired and I think rest is beneficial and will keep me more consistent in the long run. In the summer these walks were happening at night time. That might be a change too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy running done!

Treadmill Season

Week 12 - Critical Power test in the books!