Week 11 - Am I over doing it?

 As the title suggests I wonder if I'm over doing it.  I felt pretty tired over last weeks up hill session (6x30 seconds up with 90 seconds recovery).  That was on Monday I believe and the rest of the week just felt kind of blah. And that was the case with today as well where I had another work out.  It's something I am definitely watching as I try to get back into some sort of shape.  I don't want to over work my thyroid or boost my cortisol levels to high.  Even though I'm staying with in that 80/20 realm I wonder if I need to be more of 90/10.  Or perhaps I'm just not sleeping as well as I thought I was.  I know I've said it before and I'll say it again...It's something I'm going to watch.  

I think I'll switch to the 90/10 or at least 85/15 and see how that works for me.  Additionally I think I might make my workouts shorter and then just include some faster pace work in my long run.  I know it's not going to be easy but I'd like to find the area where I'm improving but also not feeling like I need to go to bed when I get home at 5:30!

Next week is a pull back week so it will be a good time to rest, test and then start to get back into one of these zones that I was just talking about.  Hopefully the rest is enough and the test doesn't take to much out of me.  I don't expect that my CP will go up much higher but I know it will go a bit higher. I think whatever that power ends up being is what I will take into my 5K on July 1st.  As I sit here and think about it maybe I need to do 90/10 for the first two weeks and then on the 3rd week we go to 85/15 and see how that feels.  I feel like that might be better.  As for what that 10 and 15 ends up being made up of I'm not entirely sure.  I think leading into the 5K it needs to be a fair amount of shorter stuff but also tempo at that pace.  

I think this is one of the things that I like about running.  Is trying to figure out the formula that works for you and makes you better.  

Hope everyone has a great week of running. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy running done!

Treadmill Season

Week 12 - Critical Power test in the books!