Another short week of running!

If you read my post from last week you know that I was not feeling my best towards the end of the week. That continued at the start of this week and I decided to error on the side of caution and not do any running until Thursday.  So I only ran on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  

Thursday and Friday were very easy running.  Just 25 easy minutes on the treadmill.  I should also mention that I stopped following the training I was following from Stryd.  Being sick and this upcoming weeks possible disruptions I decided it just wasn't the best time to follow it.  I probably won't be following a program until the middle of October.  

Saturday's run was a long run of an hour.  I had planned on doing closer to 70 minutes but my brand new treadmill started making a knocking sound when I went above 6 MPH and at a incline of 2.  So I cut it off at an hour and then spent the next hour or so seeing if I could figure out why it was knocking.  I didn't figure it out and called the place that I got it from.  They will hopefully be out this week to look at it. I hope it's not something major but I also don't want to burn up another treadmill and especially one that is brand new.

This week I hope to have nearly a full week of running however I have an appointment later in the week that is going to restrict my eating quite a bit in anticipation of that appointment (if you are a male and in your mid to late 40's you probably have a good idea of what this is).  Despite that I plan accordingly I should be able to get in all 5 of my runs.  

I've been tossing around the idea of doing a YouTube on running with power.  There currently isn't anyone that I know who does this consisetently.  A lot of people just run and I'm not sure that one with power would honestly be that much different. But I keep tossing around the idea.  Let me know what you think.  This half marathon build up could be interesting or it could be the most boring thing ever!

Run happy everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy running done!

Treadmill Season

Week 12 - Critical Power test in the books!