How about that cadence

 As I mentioned in my previous post I wasn't really sure what to do after my trail race.  More than one time, or two times, I've put a training block on my calendar only to remove it a few minutes or days later.  I'm just not there for another block of training.  Instead of that I've been concentrating on increasing my cadence.  

I wasn't sure how increasing my cadence would go.  Part of me thought it would take a lot of work and it has been but almost 2 weeks in it's starting to feel more natural.  I'm not at that much talked about 180 number but I have increased into the 160's.  My sweet spot seems to be between 160 and 164.  On my long run this last Sunday I had to do a double take at my watch because the cadence I was running at felt natural.  That was 164.  I still have to think about it but it's become more of my routine.  

As a result of focusing on my cadence my per mile times have come down by a couple of minutes.  I'm not setting new PR's, yet, but I believe that once I get into a training block I'll start to see some new PR's kick in.  At least get a new critical power when I do that test (I think I'm planning on doing one in early October).  

The downside on this is that it's been a bit harder to run in my zone 1.  This usually happens for me when my critical power changes or something like that so I'm not really stressing to much about it.  

Hopefully everyone is doing well, staying healthy and getting some mileage in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy running done!

Treadmill Season

Week 12 - Critical Power test in the books!