You are not a professional runner!

 So I only got in 4 runs this week. It should have been 5.  And I started to get down on myself for that.  However I had to keep reminding myself that I am not a professional runner and life gets in the way.  So let me explain. 

My wife hadn't been feeling well on Wednesday and on Thursday, after a rough day, she decided to take a COVID test. Well it was positive.  All week long we had been going to bed early but I didn't think a whole lot about it because we had been up earlier than normally (for my wife's work!).  But when she tested positive for COVID things kind of fell into place. Even though Friday was a super easy day (just 20 minutes running with a couple of 10 second speed ups) I decided to call it and not run.  Saturday morning I also ended up calling my long run, and I really wanted to do it.  However by the evening I was feeling a bit better.  So this morning I did get on the new treadmill and have myself an easy 25 minute run.  I don't think I'm 100% yet but I was able to get it in.  My hope is to either continue training or to have whatever I'm fighting go worse.  So for that doesn't seem to be the case and I'm making my way through it.  Hopefully I've kicked it but we will find out more later today and tomorrow. I think if I'd done my Friday run and for sure my long run yesterday I would be down with something. But because I decided to play it like a human who has a job and a family I'm on the upside...or so I hope that I am! Which reminds me of a thought I've had for a year or two...creating a YouTube channel that is from the perspective of someone who has never run in high school or otherwise and what it's really like!

But I did get a new treadmill that is kind of exciting! The one run I've done far has been awesome.  I'll put up a review of it after I've done a few more runs on it.  

Run happy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy running done!

Treadmill Season

Week 12 - Critical Power test in the books!