Easy running done!

 I've done the easy running before and it feels great for a few weeks but then there is no progress!  You have to have some sort of speed in there.  Just running slow and easy does not make you faster no matter what people say.  I do believe that 80%+ of your time/miles should be slow and easy but if you want to get faster, and who doesn't, you need to have that 20% where you are throwing in some extra stuff. So after 2 weeks of easy running, or doing nothing for the first week, I'm going to be starting a program tomorrow to maintain what I have.  I'll run that for about 10 weeks and see where were are at.  

This last week was the first time I've ran 5 days in a week.  Everything went fine.  There were a couple of times where I wondered about getting up so early but I did manage to get it done.  My right calf, at times, when I run gives me a bit of issues but I can't put my finger on it. So for now I'm using the massage gun on it and hoping it will go away.  

As I mentioned I'm doing something a bit more structured.  I'm following the Palladino maintenance program in Stryd.  This is part of their ecosystem and it's available to everyone. So I thought I'd give it a try.  I don't have a goal currently, other than to get faster, but for now I'd like to just maintain what I have going for me!  I suspect my CP has pulled back a little bit but we will see as we go through this program. If my calf flares up to badly I'll probably put this on hold. Additionally I have family coming in that might cause some issues with this but we will so.  Might just mean some running outside in the dark for a week rather than on the treadmill...which is honestly what I should do! There is one other thing that might keep me from one of the runs but we will see how that goes when we get there!

Happy running everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treadmill Season

Week 12 - Critical Power test in the books!