Running blabber!

 I've had a draft post about my running 2022 goals.  Obviously that time has passed and even in that time a lot has changed. 

Originally, and I probably mentioned it here, I was going for a trail race 30K in a couple of weeks in Bryce Canyon Utah.  Well for various reason's that's not going to happen. What I'm 99.99% sure will happen is that I will run my first half marathon on the 29th of May.  So just about a little over a week out.  So that's what I've been training for after I decided to not to the Bryce Canyon run. 

It's worth explaining why I'm not doing the Bryce Canyon run.  The main thing is that it was to much in my head.  I'd been training for it since December I think.  And it just kept getting bigger and bigger in my head.  Along the way I got sick, which is no biggie.  I took a few days off. What was a bigger deal was that I also had a bout of sudden onset of vertigo.  This took me out for a week.  Now it was far enough out that I was fine.  However I just kept building it up in my head with worry and dread.  I've never run almost 20 miles.  I've only ran close to 11 miles in my training. So my hope is that if I am able to get this half marathon in I'll be able to get up to the 30K distance.  I really want to do some of these longer trail races, for some reason, but I need to get some more work in...and honestly I need to get some speed back.  

Which after the half marathon I'm going to be working on my 5K speed and put in a good effort for a new PR.  I'm fairly certain I can do it after a few weeks of training but it's time.  I still need to get some speed in. So I'm planning on doing a 5K in August.  Maybe one before then, but I need to get some good efforts in between then and after the half.  

I hope everyone else's running is going well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy running done!

Treadmill Season

Week 12 - Critical Power test in the books!